In this episode, we worked on a new view to display course resources. While building out the template, I used some template tags to dynamically regroup a queryset into a more useful data format for rendering.
I started a new view before the stream to display content, but I had not filled it in before the stream started.
We added new data to the context, and did some adjustments to the URL based on the required inputs for the view.
Once I had the data,
I quickly iterated
in the template
to see the parts
that I included.
I needed to display the course resources
in a different way
from how the queryset provided them
so I used the built-in
regroup template tag
to organize the data differently.
regroup saved me
from doing a bunch of manipulation
in the view code.
To finish off the feature, I added some automated tests to cement the view so I can be confident in changing it in the future.