In this episode, I decided to redesign a portion of the application flow. I wasn’t pleased with how users would enroll students for their grades so I refactored the school year page into a flow that worked better.
Note: My internet connection was not good during this stream. Thankfully, the audio is fine and reading code is very possible because the background doesn’t need to change much. My apologies for the low quality.
I started by deleting an “Enroll Student” button on the school year detail page. This involved removing some view context data and associated tests as well.
After I deleted the old method,
I added some new context that added a boolean
has_students to the grades
that display on the school year page.
I used this context
to control whether to show a call to action
to let user’s enroll for a grade level.