I started streaming on Twitch. The stream covers how to build a Software as a Service (SaaS) with Python using Django.
The stream runs at 9pm Eastern time on Wednesday most weeks.
I show developers how to build a site that is more complex than a tutorial. We look at:
- Designing and creating pages for users
- How to create automated tests for the code
- Making background jobs that handle business processes
- Deploying code and infrastructure development
During the stream, we’re working on College Conductor. College Conductor is a SaaS for people in college admissions. I have no expectation for people to understand the problem space so I make sure to provide context for whatever I’m working on that evening.
What can you expect to get out of it?
- The chance to ask questions to someone with over a decade of Python experience
- The opportunity to learn about popular web frameworks and tools like Django, Bootstrap, and Ansible
- What it takes to manage a website on your own
What if you can’t watch live? No problem! I’m also posting the streams onto YouTube after the session is over. My goal is to build a catalog of useful content for people who want to learn.
I’m learning rapidly how to be a better broadcaster so I hope you’ll join me for the ride. As someone who has worked on websites with millions of members, I’ve got enough experience to show developers web application development in a real world context.
See you on the stream!
Learn about Python!
You can join my newsletter along with 1,200+ other developers to help you learn more about Django and Python.